Today I thought I'd share with you a simple, yet oh so pretty craft made of clothespins. If your laundry is like mine, you probably have more than a few extra clothespin laying around. This craft is the perfect way to put them to use! (Click on any of the images to enlarge.)
-2 large Popsicle sticks
-Elmer's glue, wood glue, or a hot glue gun
(1) Lay the Popsicle sticks in a cross position and glue one on top of the other.
(3) Step two will be done to both left and right sides, and the top of the cross.
(4) The bottom of the cross is a little different. Take a clothespin and separate the pieces and put them together like the middle of step 2. The large part will be near the center of the cross with the pointed tip going down.
(5) Take another clothespin that has been separated and put them against the pointed tip as show in the center of figure 2. The bottom of your cross should touch as seen.
|Figure 3- Fan shape|
(6) Take the artificial flower and/or greenery and glue it into the center of the cross.
(7) The scrap ribbon will be used as a hanger on the back. (See figure 2). Glue the ribbon in an X fashion onto the back on the top of the cross.
|Figure 4- Finished!|
(8) Hang on the wall and enjoy your new cross!
And believe it or not, this craft was done at a youth VBS and even the teenagers enjoyed it!
(Can be found for purchase here.)