PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo facebook111_zps824f8321.png  photo freebies111_zps3949d628.png

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Blessings

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter, and that you didn't forget the real reason we celebrate. It's not about the chocolate bunnies or the marshmallow chicks, but about how our Savior rose from the dead to give us a way to eternal life!

This year, just like the last two or three years in a row (I've lost track- it's so inevitable now..), I dressed up as the Easter bunny for my church's annual egg hunt. I'm not going to say I don't enjoy it, but when children who normally love me run away to hide behind their moms' legs.. It kinda makes you feel bad. I scare children. Every year. At a family egg hunt. That is my confession. Oh, and I'm not the real Easter bunny. I had one child bluntly call me a fake and that the real bunny's name is Peter Cottontail. Oi.. There is always at least one. But it's still fun and it makes just as many kids happy as it does scared, so I'm having my suit dry-cleaned and stored for next year- when I'm sure to pull it out again.

Aha! A baby who was not afraid of me!

My favorite two-year-old!
 So, again, I hope your Easter was amazing!
From: The Not-So-Real Easter Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment